TheratomeTM technology is protected by a growing list of issued and pending patents related to cell source, manufacturing process, and therapeutic use.
In contrast to traditional cell-based therapies, Theratome:
- Is ready-to-use
- Has immediate bioavailability
- Is stored at normal freezer temperatures. Cells conversely require freezing at liquid nitrogen temperatures (cryo-genic), which is costly, inconvenient, and not readily available at all treatment centers
- Has no risk loss of viability to the product during thawing. Cell viability can be affected during the thaw from cryo-genic freezing
- Is cell-free, and repeat dosing has been shown to have no risk of immune response
- Offers manufacturing and distribution methods that better align with existing pharma business models